Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Installing Programs

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7

    Installing Programs

    Is it possible to install programs even though I just boot Knoppix via CD-ROM?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    crix,

    Simple question, simple answer...

    YES

    Try doing a Search Knoppix.net for the keyword klik -=- I hope I have the spelling right - I am running a hard drive install myself, but, I have read, and heard, that with the "new" version of Knoppix ( v3.4 ) -=- it is possible to actually install programs, running strictly from the CD on boot, and maybe a small partition set-aside on your hard drive, for the installs and configurations...

    This is a first response to your question/post - I know of many people here on the forums that are actually doing the same thing you are asking, and, I am sure, they will be "adding" to what I have already said - with a lot more "information", and knowledge, of this subject...

    Hope this helps,
    Ms. Cuddles

Similar Threads

  1. installing programs
    By newbie#7 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 06:22 AM
  2. Help Installing Programs
    By Garibaldi in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 12:32 AM
  3. Installing Programs Help
    By Fuel in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-15-2004, 07:32 PM
  4. Installing Programs Help.
    By Prons in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 09:38 PM
  5. NEED HELP INSTALLING PROGRAMS!!! PLEASE!!!
    By digitaldeity in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 08:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL picture

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL

$169.00



Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$749.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00