Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: gAIM help please

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7

    gAIM help please

    Whenever I try to connect to yahoo, it always disconnects me saying that I have entered an incorrect password. But I have already checked the username and the password that I entered 10 times already and I know that I am enterring the correct ones. I am using the gAIM client that's included in the Live CD of Knoppix 3.4. Can anyone please shed some light on my newbie problem?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7
    Okay, now it's giving me an error message: Unknown error number 29. http://ab.login.yahoo.com/img/......jpg

    Please help.. is yahoo blocking the use of gAIM?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    235
    Just upgrade gaim to unstable.
    Code:
    apt-get -s install -t unstable gaim
    If the output looks good without any packages being missing or broken, remove the -s and then y to upgrade it. It should connect to yahoo okay.

    HTH,

    Durand

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Yahoo has change it's login protocol again. Gaim or kopete that comes with knoppix will not work. You need latest version of Gaim (0.79 or 0.80) to be able to log-in. You can get it from Gaim site and compile it your self. The compilation is a bit tricky. Try upgrade your system first before you compile.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7
    So, I guess this means that I can't use it anymore with the live CD right? Because I can't really install anything with the Live CD. ..Or can I?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Yes you can install softwares while running knoppix from cd. I never try it though. Knoppix comes with the utilities to install softwares while running from cd ( check the tux/penguin icon next to K menu).

    For gaim I doubt it will work because you have to compile it. But there's an option. You can install yahoo messenger. It's has been precompile for debian.

    You can check at Kanotix site. There is a script to install Yahoo messenger while running from cd. It's called install-ymessenger-local.sh. Get it from :
    http://kanotix.com/files/



Similar Threads

  1. Need help with Gaim
    By Snow in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-14-2005, 06:52 AM
  2. Installing Gaim
    By neomorph in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 06:15 AM
  3. gaim
    By pete1968 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 05:55 PM
  4. Trying to use GAIM with aim
    By hardware_bum in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 04:13 AM
  5. GAIM
    By pi-sics in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 08:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$169.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro

$240.00



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box picture

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box

$299.00



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$189.99



Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD picture

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD

$179.99



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



Dell OptiPlex 3090 MT Core i5-10600 3.30 GHz 8 GB DDR4 No HDD picture

Dell OptiPlex 3090 MT Core i5-10600 3.30 GHz 8 GB DDR4 No HDD

$149.99