Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: New KNOPPIX remastering HOWTO

  1. #21
    Guest

    Re: 1.5 Gig of RAM?

    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    Thanks for the howto on remastering knoppix. This is something that I'd really like to do. However if having 1.5 Gig of RAM is a requrirement for this proceedure, it's doubtful that many people will be able to do this. Maybe I misunderstood you. Were you saying that the total amount of RAM and swap needs to add up to 1.5 gig? That's certainly more reasonable.
    The total of SWAP and RAM added together needs to be 1.5Gig. so you'll do fine with 256MB ram and 1.25 gig swap.
    Well, I don't think so I've created my own knoppix succesfully in a notebook P-II 266 with 160 Mb + 160 Mb swap. Greetings for de how2, it's very good

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2

    Re: Changes to /etc/skel

    Anyone found the answer yet? This is the last problem I'm having, and I'm dying to finish my remastered Knoppix CD!

  3. #23
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    14

    KDE Preferences

    I successful remaster KNOPPIX, I installed new theme styles, icons,background,etc...
    but I like change the icons and style default on my new ISO, so my question is: how can I change on shell console preferences on KDE,and make KDE use them on my new iso cd? I need some HOW TO. Thanks!

  4. #24
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Is this remastering howto differrent than the one on the FAQ/WIKI page?

  5. #25
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
    Is this remastering howto differrent than the one on the FAQ/WIKI page?
    Slightly older.. best use the wiki one at http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto

  6. #26
    esprout
    Guest

    Remaster to DVD?

    I'd like to put some extra big files on the knoppix boot disk, some vmware images

    That stuff will not fit into the 700M of a CD. I created an image (which ended up being about 1G) using the regular remastering instructions. When I tried to boot, I get an error during boot:

    Accessing KNOPPIX CDROM at /dev/scd0.../modules/cloop.o: init_module:
    Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect modules parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
    Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
    Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
    Press reset button to quit.

    ...

    Does anyone know how to make KNOPPIX work off of a DVD? It'd allow me to put tons more stuff on that disk. Whoot.

  7. #27
    Guest

    Compressor/Expander for DOS/Win?

    Has anyone ported the filesystem image prep tools (compress/expand) from cloop to DOS or Windows? It sure would make it easier for us mostly-Windows-users to make small changes/additions to the KNOPPIX file, using Windows-based ISO editors.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Remastering Suite V1.01 released! Easy Knoppix-Remastering
    By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
  2. point to add to Remastering HowTo ?
    By Alexxx in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 08:02 PM
  3. berlios minicd remastering howto???
    By hanx in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2003, 05:31 AM
  4. Remastering Scripts : easy remastering
    By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM
  5. Let us write one Knoppix-HowTo together
    By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 11:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$16.41



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99