Anyone found the answer yet? This is the last problem I'm having, and I'm dying to finish my remastered Knoppix CD!
Well, I don't think soOriginally Posted by eadz
I've created my own knoppix succesfully in a notebook P-II 266 with 160 Mb + 160 Mb swap. Greetings for de how2, it's very good
Anyone found the answer yet? This is the last problem I'm having, and I'm dying to finish my remastered Knoppix CD!
I successful remaster KNOPPIX, I installed new theme styles, icons,background,etc...
but I like change the icons and style default on my new ISO, so my question is: how can I change on shell console preferences on KDE,and make KDE use them on my new iso cd? I need some HOW TO. Thanks!
Is this remastering howto differrent than the one on the FAQ/WIKI page?
Slightly older.. best use the wiki one at http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowtoOriginally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
I'd like to put some extra big files on the knoppix boot disk, some vmware images
That stuff will not fit into the 700M of a CD. I created an image (which ended up being about 1G) using the regular remastering instructions. When I tried to boot, I get an error during boot:
Accessing KNOPPIX CDROM at /dev/scd0.../modules/cloop.o: init_module:
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect modules parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
...
Does anyone know how to make KNOPPIX work off of a DVD? It'd allow me to put tons more stuff on that disk. Whoot.
Has anyone ported the filesystem image prep tools (compress/expand) from cloop to DOS or Windows? It sure would make it easier for us mostly-Windows-users to make small changes/additions to the KNOPPIX file, using Windows-based ISO editors.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$400.00
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98