-
in reference to my immedeate preceding post regards the mar30 release.
pardon a newbie. hotplug seems to be working.
I looked in /proc/bus/usb/devices and /proc/bus/usb/drivers
and my usb had been installed.
I am not sure why I got the error message on trying to install my printer with Kprinting manager,
usbdevfs not installed.
Nor do I understand why adding
none /proc/bus/usb/ usbdevfs defaults 0 0
to fstab cured the problem.
bud it did and my printer installed and workes fine.
The hard drive install otherwise was simple and I like the new browser and updates.
I can post the fstab, and cat proc/bus/usb output if anyone wants.
Similar Threads
-
By Droid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 08:09 AM
-
By gravity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 04:32 PM
-
By foraker_p in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 12:54 AM
-
By NoviceW in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 07:17 PM
-
By jfitie in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 07:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

Seagate IronWolf 4TB 3.5in Internal Desktop HDD Hard Drive Silver
$95.00

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket
$249.99

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59