-
Read only HD
As a total newbie I love Knoppix; so much that I now want it on my hard drive. I've tried numerous times to install on various hard drives, both blank and formatted from a previous Linux install, but each time when I get to the partioning section of the installl I end up with the following:
"Opened disk is read only - you have no permission to write" and I have to abort.
I haven't seen this problem listed on the Forum and I don't get the message when I install other distros eg. Mandrake, PC Linux, Cobind.
I really want Knoppix on my hard drive (no dual boot, just Knoppix) as it has everything I want. Please help this total newbie.
Similar Threads
-
By Jameson in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2005, 10:40 PM
-
By namelessservant in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 02:56 AM
-
By Needtoknow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 02:27 AM
-
By musicmaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 06:40 AM
-
By lello107 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 08:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99