-
Senior Member
registered user
kdeinit could not launch...
Posted this on the KDE board but got no reply. Can anybody help?
Knoppix (Debian) system with KDE 3.2.3; although I don't think this is relevant because I have had the same problem with Mandrake & others.
Problem is with many applications I get an error message:
Code:
kdeinit could not launch <application>
usually the application starts anyway & runs just fine, often the error message does not appear until after the application has launched, been run & closed out.
There doesn't seem to be any pattern to these errors, for instance I drag'n'dropped the kpat icon from the start menu to the desktop; it starts kpat just fine but I get the error box anyway.
Another example: I drag'n'dropped the kate icon to the desktop, then changed properties to run as a different user (root). Again, it starts & runs OK but I get a 'kdeinit could not lauch kdesu' message.
I have had the same problem with new created desktop icons ie not drag'n'dropped from the start menu. I just use drag'n'drop because it's easier.
What's happening & how do I fix it?
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By jogeir in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-28-2003, 01:10 PM
-
By jogeir in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 08:12 PM
-
By -=NTL=- in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-21-2003, 09:01 PM
-
By -=NTL=- in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-21-2003, 03:48 AM
-
By Bert in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2003, 08:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95