How do you do that!? I hate having to keep resetting my settings after each boot
How do you do that!? I hate having to keep resetting my settings after each boot
OK, just click on the big "K" on the left of the task bar. Then click on KNOPPIX and then on save config to floppy (or something like that). This creates a shell script called knoppix.sh on your floppy which is read upon boot-up with the cheat code: "knoppix floppyconfig."
I did this with a boot floppy, knopix.sh fit just fine! It has to be a linux formatted disk.
Good Luck!
Regards,
Actually an MS-DOS-formatted floppy works just fine...Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
You can make a boot floppy from an MS-DOS formatted disk since rawrite rewrites the whole disk in linux format.
To use "knoppix floppyconfig" the knoppix.sh file must be on a linux formatted disk as you're running a shell script (*.sh). This is why I use a boot disk as these are the only linux formatted disks I have....
Regards,
As I said before, an MS-DOS-formatted floppy works just fine for storing configuration files -- I'm not talking about boot disks. This fact allowed me to copy my Mozilla bookmarks from Windows to my Knoppix configuration floppy and take it to a friend's house so I could maintain my environment on his system -- it worked, that's what matters. I'm sure that's why KFloppy supports MS-type floppy formatting.Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Relax, man, I'm just trying to answer the original question. You CAN save ANY linux file (text) to an MS formatted disk. The original question had to do with saving settings and getting them back on boot-up, right?
Peace,
Yes, and that's the question I answered. One of the problems with written communication is that subtlties can be lost. I didn't mean to sound TOO forceful, I just wanted to be understood... Knoppix settings can be saved to -- and retrieved at boot from -- an MS-DOS-formatted disk; that was my message.Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00