-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
A. Jorge Garcia
You can make a boot floppy from an MS-DOS formatted disk since rawrite rewrites the whole disk in linux format.
To use "knoppix floppyconfig" the knoppix.sh file must be on a linux formatted disk as you're running a shell script (*.sh). This is why I use a boot disk as these are the only linux formatted disks I have....
As I said before, an MS-DOS-formatted floppy works just fine for storing configuration files -- I'm not talking about boot disks. This fact allowed me to copy my Mozilla bookmarks from Windows to my Knoppix configuration floppy and take it to a friend's house so I could maintain my environment on his system -- it worked, that's what matters. I'm sure that's why KFloppy supports MS-type floppy formatting.
Similar Threads
-
By punkpaddy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-04-2003, 08:45 AM
-
By ankit in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 03:23 AM
-
By JockVSJock in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-21-2003, 06:11 PM
-
By tyiooo in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-07-2003, 04:13 PM
-
By true1ever in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-13-2003, 02:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

2U AI MINING SERVER 2x Xeon 36 cores 2.3Ghz DDR4 2x NVIDIA V100 GPU PCIe 2PS USA
$799.00

Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY.
$49.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99