-
noob help :?
hi all, new here, and new to linux.
basically I'm trying to take my first steps out of M$ world....
so Knoppix is my first try.
what I wanted to ask is - - I've read all these warnings about the NTFS file systems. currently I have Windows XP Home installed, with only one partition on my HD, and it is NTFS. is it safe for me to use Knoppix? what can and can't I do without causing any damage? will just trying to access the data on my HD do any harm? or do I really need to repartition before I get going?
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By newpants2003 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2005, 08:08 PM
-
By shiv_379 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-15-2005, 09:48 PM
-
By Guitarplaya512 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 04:57 AM
-
By waynejkruse10 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 01:53 PM
-
By _StREAk_ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 04:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00