Hmm, nobody knows how to compile kernel under knoppix????
I installed Knoppix on my hdd. I chose reiserfs. I need to recompile kernel in order to make it work with ALi 15x3 chipset and USB 2.0. After compilation and installation of the kernel it cannot boot because it cannot use reiserfs root partition. Is there any way to make properly working initrd on Knoppix?
Here is my kerenel compilation procedure:
1. su root
2. apt-get install kernel-source-2.4.20
3. cd /usr/src
4. tar --bzip2 -xvf kernel-source-2.4.20.tar.bz2
5. ln -s kernel-source-2.4.20 linux
6. patch -p0 < patches/alim15x3.patch
7. cd linux
8. patch -p1 < ../patches/usb-ehci-2.4.20-pre11.patch
9. make xconfig
10. make-kpkg clean
11. make-kpkg --append_to_version -crusoe --initrd --revision=01 \
kernel_image modules_image
12. cd ..
13. dpkg -i kernel-image*.deb
14. Adding new kernel entry to lilo.conf
15. lilo
16 Rebooting...
Hmm, nobody knows how to compile kernel under knoppix????
Sorry - ext3 works for me- -I don't need Reiser.
Just compile reiserfs support into the kernel, not as a module,
and don't use initrd. That's how I do things when I compile
my custom kernels under other distributions...

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Samsung 2.5" MZ-ZLN512C 512GB SATA III 6Gbps SSD MZ7LN512HAJQ-000H1
$49.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
WD Blue DRIVE SSD 250gb Internal SATA Solid State Drive for Laptops
$39.99
Timetec MS10 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 3D NAND SSD 35TTFP6PCIE-1TB
$89.99