-
Help with HP 4100c scanner?
I have a HP 4100c scanner attached via USB to my system -- Kooka doesn't think there is a scanner attached. It seems like I should need to modify my hp.conf file, but it is a system file that can't be edited. What do I do? Any advice would be apreachiated.
Here is info on my system from running lspci:
0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX Host bridge (rev 03)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32
Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX AGP bridge (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 64
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=32
I/O behind bridge: 0000d000-0000dfff
Memory behind bridge: d4000000-d7ffffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: d8000000-d9ffffff
0000:00:07.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ISA (rev 02)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
0000:00:07.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01) (prog-if 80 [Master])
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32
I/O ports at f000 [size=16]
0000:00:07.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
I/O ports at e000 [size=32]
0000:00:07.3 Bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 02)
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 9
0000:00:09.0 Ethernet controller: Linksys NC100 Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100 (rev 11)
Subsystem: Linksys: Unknown device 0570
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
I/O ports at e400 [size=256]
Memory at db000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
0000:00:0d.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq ES1371 [AudioPCI-97] (rev 06)
Subsystem: Ensoniq Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI64V, AudioPCI128
Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
I/O ports at e800 [size=64]
Capabilities: <availabl0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX Host bridge (rev 03)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32
Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX AGP bridge (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 64
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=32
I/O behind bridge: 0000d000-0000dfff
Memory behind bridge: d4000000-d7ffffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: d8000000-d9ffffff
0000:00:07.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ISA (rev 02)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
0000:00:07.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01) (prog-if 80 [Master])
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32
I/O ports at f000 [size=16]
0000:00:07.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
I/O ports at e000 [size=32]
0000:00:07.3 Bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 02)
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 9
0000:00:09.0 Ethernet controller: Linksys NC100 Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100 (rev 11)
Subsystem: Linksys: Unknown device 0570
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
I/O ports at e400 [size=256]
Memory at db000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
0000:00:0d.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq ES1371 [AudioPCI-97] (rev 06)
Subsystem: Ensoniq Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI64V, AudioPCI128
Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
I/O ports at e800 [size=64]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: 3Dfx Interactive, Inc. Voodoo Banshee (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Creative Labs 3D Blaster Banshee VE
Flags: 66MHz, fast devsel, IRQ 12
Memory at d4000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=32M]
Memory at d8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
I/O ports at d000 [size=256]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=64K]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
e only to root>
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: 3Dfx Interactive, Inc. Voodoo Banshee (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Creative Labs 3D Blaster Banshee VE
Flags: 66MHz, fast devsel, IRQ 12
Memory at d4000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=32M]
Memory at d8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
I/O ports at d000 [size=256]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=64K]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
Thank you!
Similar Threads
-
By jjbergdolt in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2005, 01:23 PM
-
By wikid009 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 10:13 PM
-
By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 07:02 PM
-
By Cronos55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 05:37 AM
-
By mwalam in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-11-2003, 05:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

motherboard CPU combo am4
$70.00