-
OK I'm starting to go crazy now. I re-installed knoppix (that was the only way I could figure out how to get it recognizing eth0 again), and once again tried to set the WEP key so I can use encryption. Once again I used >KNOPPIX>Network/Internet>Wavelan Configuration and it brings up wlcardconfig and I went through it again, naming the ESSID, setting mode to "auto" and entering the WEP key. Once again it works fine as soon as I turn the encryption back on; I can get online. This time I opened a terminal, su to root and type pump -i eth0 thinking that this will save the settings for after reboot. I read to do it that way somewhere. (can you tell that I'm new at this?
) I reboot and....NOTHING!!!!! egad I am getting frustrated.
Similar Threads
-
By pppreese in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-06-2005, 06:38 PM
-
By Mishaa in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 02:09 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 09:25 PM
-
By Joe999 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-08-2004, 02:47 AM
-
By ComatoseJedi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-28-2003, 06:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Vintage Apple Mac mini CIB (2009 Mod A1283) Original box/sealed manuals
$450.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00

Apple Macintosh Quadra 605 Vintage Desktop Computer, Model M1476 Untested
$299.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer
$95.00