-
Questions about full hdd install, partitions size, etc..
knoppix-installer just dont want to co-operate with me; I keep getting the same error message,, something about cannot make ext3 mkfs? So i went and got Acronis (a partition maker) and I assume (forgive my assumptions) that the partitiions should look something like this,
hda1 /boot 40megs ext3 (made bootable)
hda2 /swap 1gig swap (I have a 400 meg AMD with 320 meg RAM)
hda3 /root rest of drive ext3
from here I've been able to use the cheatcodes to copy the cd in compressed form to hda3 without the use of lilo, so i use the live cd to boot.
however, I'm more interested in makeing a full uncompressed install.
I think I read somewhere to use the du command?
Is the partition size I have good?
any changes you can suggest or will amunition be required?
the goal of this install is to have a full knoppix install (standard GNU/LINUX) and to learn as much about the installation process and running linux as possible, so needless to say, the computer I have has no value to me outside of learning linux aka nothing mission criticle, and I'm just here to learn.
Similar Threads
-
By GerryA in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 05:11 PM
-
By bwathen in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-29-2005, 12:53 PM
-
By clarjon1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 04:43 AM
-
By wavetel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-20-2005, 09:55 AM
-
By alex52 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 11:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95

Lot of 64 Apple II IIe IIc 5.25” Floppy Disk Games Software Utilities Vintage
$39.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested
$28.49

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99