Have you run netcardconfig ?
All,
After hdd installation with knoppix option, I can't get dynamic IP addr automatically on boot time. From the screen message, i see the interface is dynamically configurated (backgrounding). But the interface eth0 is not up then. Grep gives an process "pump -i eth0", but ifconfig eth0 gives nothing. I have to input 'pump' command manually to make eth0 up.
And the 'pump' output in knoppix-autoconfig is "operation failed".
Any hints?
Regards,
Have you run netcardconfig ?
no.
The problem dissappearrd after I re-install it.
But there is another question. Is hdd-install will re-configure XFree86 each time reboot? My mouse dosn't work in X. If I delete /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, then the mouse will work after I reboot. But If I don't delete it, it will not work even reboot.

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height
$899.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
LSI Oracle 9361-16i 16-Port 12Gb SAS PCIe RAID Controller 7332895
$77.97
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
Dell 01M71J PERC H740P 12Gbps PCI-E SAS RAID Controller 1M71J
$70.00