Have you run netcardconfig ?
All,
After hdd installation with knoppix option, I can't get dynamic IP addr automatically on boot time. From the screen message, i see the interface is dynamically configurated (backgrounding). But the interface eth0 is not up then. Grep gives an process "pump -i eth0", but ifconfig eth0 gives nothing. I have to input 'pump' command manually to make eth0 up.
And the 'pump' output in knoppix-autoconfig is "operation failed".
Any hints?
Regards,
Have you run netcardconfig ?
no.
The problem dissappearrd after I re-install it.
But there is another question. Is hdd-install will re-configure XFree86 each time reboot? My mouse dosn't work in X. If I delete /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, then the mouse will work after I reboot. But If I don't delete it, it will not work even reboot.

READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop
$299.00
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37
READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots
$850.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Magnetic Peripherals MPI BR8B1A 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive 77711800 CDC
$89.66
Vintage 1992 Mac System 7.1P1 Apple Software 3.5” Floppy Disks NOS
$35.00
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K solid state semiconducter memory HP 2100/1000 Vintage 1974
$135.36