Have you run netcardconfig ?
All,
After hdd installation with knoppix option, I can't get dynamic IP addr automatically on boot time. From the screen message, i see the interface is dynamically configurated (backgrounding). But the interface eth0 is not up then. Grep gives an process "pump -i eth0", but ifconfig eth0 gives nothing. I have to input 'pump' command manually to make eth0 up.
And the 'pump' output in knoppix-autoconfig is "operation failed".
Any hints?
Regards,
Have you run netcardconfig ?
no.
The problem dissappearrd after I re-install it.
But there is another question. Is hdd-install will re-configure XFree86 each time reboot? My mouse dosn't work in X. If I delete /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, then the mouse will work after I reboot. But If I don't delete it, it will not work even reboot.

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T510 10.1" Silver 32GB Android WiFi Tablet
$69.95
Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9" 128GB Silver Wi-Fi SM-X400NZSAXAR
$206.00
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00
Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00
USED Samsung 12 GB (2GBx6) PC3L-10600R Server Memory Ram 1Rx8
$65.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+ Plus 11” 128GB Android Tablet Graphite BRAND NEW SEALED.
$214.99
Samsung 16GB DDR4 SO-DIMM Laptop RAM PC4-2666V M471A2K43DB1-CTD
$65.00