Have you run netcardconfig ?
All,
After hdd installation with knoppix option, I can't get dynamic IP addr automatically on boot time. From the screen message, i see the interface is dynamically configurated (backgrounding). But the interface eth0 is not up then. Grep gives an process "pump -i eth0", but ifconfig eth0 gives nothing. I have to input 'pump' command manually to make eth0 up.
And the 'pump' output in knoppix-autoconfig is "operation failed".
Any hints?
Regards,
Have you run netcardconfig ?
no.
The problem dissappearrd after I re-install it.
But there is another question. Is hdd-install will re-configure XFree86 each time reboot? My mouse dosn't work in X. If I delete /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, then the mouse will work after I reboot. But If I don't delete it, it will not work even reboot.

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz F4-3200C16D-32GTZR
$159.99
Crucial 32GB 2x16GB DDR4-3200 CL22 288-Pin RAM Desktop Memory CT16G4DFRA32A.C8FE
$174.00
Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro White DDR4 DIMM 288-Pin Desktop RAM Memory (4x8GB)
$275.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00
Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz
$87.00
GSKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB (2x 16GB) 6000MTs CL30 *AMD EXPO* RAM Kit
$499.99
G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3000 DIMM 288-Pin XMP F4-3000C16D
$80.00
Samsung 16GB DDR4 SO-DIMM Laptop RAM PC4-2666V M471A2K43DB1-CTD
$65.00