-
knoppix 3.3
I tried knoppix 3.3 booted from the CD as indicated got several messages none of which looked like an error to me then came boot: I hit enter then all I got was black screen nothing else. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions or ideas as to why I get nothing but a black screen?
My system amd K6-2 500, Tyan Trinity S 1590, evga mx 2 200 32 mg audigy sound and diamond supraexpress (sup2730) ext modem
Thanks
Lewis Brinin
[email protected]
-
Senior Member
registered user
lbrinin,
First of all, you say you get the boot: prompt, hit enter, and nothing (black screen), or do you get more text, then it goes to a black screen?
Hopefully, you have the later...
If so, then cheatcodes would be an answer... At the boot: prompt, press F2 - this will give you, a short list, of frequently used cheatcodes.
My preferance to the "black screen", that shows up, after the boot: prompt, then goes back to the text output, then says something about "Starting XServer" or something like that, is the following boot: prompt cheatcodes:
boot: knoppix screen=1024x768 vrefresh=60
If you don't have any SCSI devices, you can add to this noscsi
If you don't want Advanced Power Management, you can add to this noapm
If you don't have PCMCIA cards or the slots, you can add to this nopcmcia
I use the whole enchilada, since my "desktop" computer doesn't have, or in the case of Power Management, don't want it... My boot: line would look like this:
boot: knoppix screen=1024x768 vrefresh=60 noscsi noapm nopcmcia
Mix, and match, to your liking... and take a look at the other cheatcodes available in the F2 screen, when you get the boot: prompt - I am quite sure that "something" can be entered that will get you booting, and running on Knoppix - I have yet to see someone not get Knoppix running... Just some computers need more "help" then others, and this is why the cheatcodes have been provided.
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon X5690 3.46GHz 6.4GT/s 12MB 6-core 1333MHz SLBVX processor
$28.00

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99

Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11
$699.00