-
knoppix 3.3
I tried knoppix 3.3 booted from the CD as indicated got several messages none of which looked like an error to me then came boot: I hit enter then all I got was black screen nothing else. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions or ideas as to why I get nothing but a black screen?
My system amd K6-2 500, Tyan Trinity S 1590, evga mx 2 200 32 mg audigy sound and diamond supraexpress (sup2730) ext modem
Thanks
Lewis Brinin
[email protected]
-
Senior Member
registered user
lbrinin,
First of all, you say you get the boot: prompt, hit enter, and nothing (black screen), or do you get more text, then it goes to a black screen?
Hopefully, you have the later...
If so, then cheatcodes would be an answer... At the boot: prompt, press F2 - this will give you, a short list, of frequently used cheatcodes.
My preferance to the "black screen", that shows up, after the boot: prompt, then goes back to the text output, then says something about "Starting XServer" or something like that, is the following boot: prompt cheatcodes:
boot: knoppix screen=1024x768 vrefresh=60
If you don't have any SCSI devices, you can add to this noscsi
If you don't want Advanced Power Management, you can add to this noapm
If you don't have PCMCIA cards or the slots, you can add to this nopcmcia
I use the whole enchilada, since my "desktop" computer doesn't have, or in the case of Power Management, don't want it... My boot: line would look like this:
boot: knoppix screen=1024x768 vrefresh=60 noscsi noapm nopcmcia
Mix, and match, to your liking... and take a look at the other cheatcodes available in the F2 screen, when you get the boot: prompt - I am quite sure that "something" can be entered that will get you booting, and running on Knoppix - I have yet to see someone not get Knoppix running... Just some computers need more "help" then others, and this is why the cheatcodes have been provided.
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00

Dell OptiPlex 5050 SFF Core i5-7500, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Win11 PRO Up
$89.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$395.00

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...
$399.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF
$429.00

Dell Optiplex 5060 SFF Intel Core i5-8600 3.1 GHz 8 GB RAM No HDD No OS
$99.99

Dell Latitude 7200 Touch Tablet Laptop 12” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$229.99