-
Starting Terminal Server Deamon at start up
Hallo averbody
I went to Linux Tag and got the Knoppix DVD, installed it on a machine and am running it as a terminal server. I would like to know how I can start the terminal server during start-up. Is there anybody who can help me here. I would allso apreciate it if somebodyjust direct me where I can manipulate the deamons that start at Sart-up. I just want it to start when the machine is rebooted by somebody who wotn know much on the terminal server.
Thanks for the help
-
Senior Member
registered user
All your daemon usually resides in /etc/rc*X.d (x=0-6,S)
You could run your terminal server as daemon in two ways:
1) Run root shell (konsole) and type this command:
update-rc.d knoppix-terminalserver defaults
*this will add symlink to knoppix-terminalserver automatically in your rc*X.
2) To have more control and gui, use sysV-init editor.
3) To remove your knoppix-terminalserver from running at boot time , run this command in root shell:
update-rc.d -f knoppix-terminalserver remove
Similar Threads
-
By zandoval in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2005, 03:39 AM
-
By wurm in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 03:04 PM
-
By IsaacKuo in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
-
By Alex Cavnar, aka alc6379 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 07:36 AM
-
By punk000 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 06:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08