MPlayer can play almost anything, including streams and some realplayer files.
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/
Best compile it yourself for maximum performance.
Hi,
Using Knoppix 3.4 on HDD and Firefox (from Klik.DE) for browsing. I can't get streaming video to work. I have tried realplayer from several sources and the helix playeer from Klik.de but nothing seems to want to work. I have read posts for hours on places like Mozillazine but can't seem to make progress. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance,
Jim
MPlayer can play almost anything, including streams and some realplayer files.
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/
Best compile it yourself for maximum performance.
This post is directed at gruntbuggly......I tried to compile mplayer but ran into another problem when it said i needed something called gecko-sdk. which was a whole different program! I suck at trying to compile these programs. I have been lucky once and got a file viewer one to work,. I always seem to get errors, especially when i do "./configure"
then "make" and "make install" i can never get that far! I can understand the commands for doing it but i seem to get errors that i dont understand. Could you give me detailed instructions how to go about making this mplayer program work? If you have time that is. I can tell you what errors i get. I can download the file, un-tar it.....then the next command "./configure" does not seem to work! Then this gecko-sdk thing.....Ahhhh!!!!! I sure wish this was EASIER!!!!! bob58
Google suggests you're trying to compile a/the mplayer plugin somehow? I always use mplayer from the command line and have not had this problem.
Are you using MPlayer-1.0pre5.tar.bz2?
Have you read the README? Installed the codecs?
I reckon gecko-sdk is required to compile things for use with Mozilla.
Add this line to your apt sources.list:
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
apt-get update
apt-get install mplayer
apt-ger install w32codecs
Hey guys,
How do I get FireFox to use mplayer instead of demanding a realplayer plug-in? I've installed mplayer and it seems to work on it's own but FFox still wants realplayer??
Jim

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99