Meaby knoppix has difficulties detecting hardware or detecting the harddisk partitions. So try booting in failsave modus ("knoppix failsave").
Hi, I got a problem on booting up the Knoppix-CD (V3.4-2004-05-17-EN). It will hang at this position
of "Scanning for Harddisk parition and creating /etc/fstab..."!
Note: I had check the CD during the start with "knoppix testcd" and it is "ok".
The Harddisk's light is on and is not blinking; and the CD-Rom's light had no response.
Can someone advised me what happened? How do I solve it?
Thank.
PS: I had try using the previous version, V3.2-2003-07-25-EN and there is no problem with it.
Meaby knoppix has difficulties detecting hardware or detecting the harddisk partitions. So try booting in failsave modus ("knoppix failsave").
nothing works but failsafe, and that's NOTHING. I'm glad I tried Knoppix instead of installing something useless. Back to Fiddling for Waterbuffaloes...
Knoppix boots until Searching for HD partitions and creating...
and than it stops.
knoppix filesafe doesn't help
any ideas?
im a newbie!!
tnx in advance
MensSTYLE
p.s: i also formated disk in fat32, ntfs and linux format.
it's all the same problem by Knoppix, MandrakeMove, Ubuntu linux...
there are some problems with disk compatibility (if i remove it linuxes worked)

DEC PDP 11/05 or 11/10 system complete, H900 box, vintage, Digital Equip Corp
$3509.00
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$69.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99
VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95
$100.00
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99