Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Soundcard Configuration

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3

    Soundcard Configuration

    hi,

    Very new to Knoppix. I'm still learning. I get this error when I try to configure my sound card.

    /lib/modules/2.4.46/kernel/drivers/sound/i810_audio.o: init_module: no such device
    /lib/modules/2.4.46/kernel/drivers/sound/i810_audio.o: insmod
    /lib/modules/2.4.46/kernel/drivers/sound/i810_audio.o: failed
    /lib/modules/2.4.46/kernel/drivers/sound/i810_audio.o: insmod sound-slot-0 failed

    Can someone help me?

    regards,
    Praveen

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Well first you must tell us what kind of soundcard you have! Please post the output of:

    lspci -v

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3
    root@ttyp0[knoppix]# lspci -v
    0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 82865G/PE/P DRAM Controller/Host-Hub Interface (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Intel Corp. 82865G/PE/P DRAM Controller/Host-Hub Interface
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
    Capabilities: [e4] #09 [0106]
    Capabilities: [a0] AGP version 3.0

    0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82865G/PE/P PCI to AGP Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 32
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=32
    I/O behind bridge: 0000a000-0000afff
    Memory behind bridge: ff800000-ff8fffff
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: e6b00000-f6afffff

    0000:00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #1 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4246
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
    I/O ports at cc00 [size=32]

    0000:00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #2 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4246
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 19
    I/O ports at d000 [size=32]

    0000:00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #3 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4246
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
    I/O ports at d400 [size=32]

    0000:00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #4 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4246
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
    I/O ports at d800 [size=32]

    0000:00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4246
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 23
    Memory at ffaffc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [58] #0a [20a0]

    0000:00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801BA/CA/DB/EB/ER Hub interface to PCI Bridge (rev c2) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=32
    I/O behind bridge: 0000b000-0000bfff
    Memory behind bridge: ff900000-ff9fffff

    0000:00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) LPC Bridge (rev 02)
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0

    0000:00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) Ultra ATA 100 Storage Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4246
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at ffa0 [size=16]
    Memory at 40000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]

    0000:00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801EB (ICH5) Serial ATA 150 Storage Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 8f [Master SecP SecO PriP PriO])
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4246
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
    I/O ports at ec00 [size=8]
    I/O ports at e800 [size=4]
    I/O ports at e400 [size=8]
    I/O ports at e000 [size=4]
    I/O ports at dc00 [size=16]

    0000:00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) SMBus Controller (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4246
    Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 17
    I/O ports at c800 [size=32]

    0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device e001
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
    Memory at ffaff800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
    Memory at ffaff400 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2

    0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV100 QY [Radeon 7000/VE] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
    Subsystem: Hightech Information System Ltd. RV100 QY [Excalibur Radeon 7000]
    Flags: bus master, stepping, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 32
    Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
    I/O ports at a800 [size=256]
    Memory at ff8f0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
    Expansion ROM at ff8c0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: [58] AGP version 2.0
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2

    0000:02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
    Subsystem: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RT8139
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 21
    I/O ports at b800 [size=256]
    Memory at ff9ffc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
    <<END

    I'm using Intel motherboard with builtin sound card.
    regards,
    Praveen

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Well you are using the AC97 card. That should work. Try booting with:

    knoppix alsa

    If that doesn't get you working search around the forum for AC97 - there are quite a few of these chipsets out there I guess.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3
    It works. Thank you very much.
    regards,
    Praveen

Similar Threads

  1. Soundcard
    By jjbergdolt in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-01-2005, 09:09 PM
  2. Another Soundcard Problem?:!
    By panpeter in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2004, 04:15 PM
  3. Autoinitialization of soundcard
    By Hellmark in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 09:05 AM
  4. Riptide Soundcard
    By Wil in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2003, 11:07 AM
  5. Soundcard woes...
    By area in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 02:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested) picture

Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)

$39.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00