-
D-Link DWL G520 & wlcardconfig
Good day all!
I've done alot of research through the forums to try and solve my problem before I needed to post, but I nothing has seemed to work! 
I just recently purchsed a D-Link 624 wireless router along with a G520 wireless card and am trying to configure them to work in Knoppix.
After booting from the LiveCD, the card is deteted and becomes ath0. I am able to run wlcardconfig and I believe I must be doing something wrong.
I've tried my ESSID as default & dlink, WEP is disabled, I am not using a key and am running on ch. 6.
Now is the only information I should need to enter my ESSID? wlcardconfig asks for much more such as NVID, iwspy, etc, and as I'm very new to wireless cards, I'm not sure of what to enter.
I've tried many different settings with pump -i ath0 to no avail.
Might anyone have any experiences with the same wireless card? Perhaps you could post the configuration settings which abled your card to work?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Adam
-
Hi! Adam!
A quick google, and your report of ath0 seems to suggest that your card is using the Atheros chipset, so you should be able to use this card.
I have an Atheros based card and it seems to work okay, but I seem to have to manually kick it off each time I reboot. (maybe there is a way of getting to happen automatically, but I haven't had the time (couldn't be bothered) to research this yet).
What I do each time is - at a command line logged in as root:
ifconfig ath0 up
pump -i ath0
If you have an AP (your wireless router is one), and you are not using WEP, then I don't think it is necessary to enter any other parameters or configuration settings.
If this still doesn't work, then please post the output of ifconfig -a and iwconfig
THO
-
-
Junior Member
registered user
Adam
1. Take a look at /etc/resolv.conf and verify that there's a line there to the effect of
nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx #use the ip of your router here
2. Try pinging your router. That'll verify that at least within your network the wireless setup is working. I'm guessing that it is since iwconfig sees your AP/Router. But...
3. If the above don't help try
route add default gw xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Again use use your router's IP to fill in the x's.
Hope this helps
Bill
Similar Threads
-
By Jameson in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-21-2005, 03:14 AM
-
By TimWhite in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-08-2005, 12:54 PM
-
By sklynn in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:34 AM
-
By gonsol in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 11:49 PM
-
By Camon_Draconis in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$242.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99