-
New comp coming...
Ok, guys, I have a brand new DEll coming in tomorrow or so. Knoppix is gonna be installed there hopefully. I have some questions though:
First, was the CD-ROM bug fixed in Knoppix? I know that I installed it on an HDD before and on the 2.6 kernel the CD-ROMs didnt work...
Second, I think Dell keeps some help/restore crap on the first partition, if I install Knoppix and install LILO too, LILO should be able to just replace the boot loader part right? I mean, it really doesn't matter, I don't think I've ever used the DEll recover stuff on the odler comp, and since this is a new comp, I can't screw up my current WIndows installation. 
Lastly, I've always had a question. LILO can dual-boot right? WHen you choose the Windows option does it need to boot the boot part of the hdd? As in you have sumthin like:
hda1 - Boot Partition
hda2 - Windows INstalled
hda5 - Knoppix
hda6 - Swap
Ok, does LILO boot hda2 or hda1? Its just something I've wondered...
Similar Threads
-
By pluto in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-17-2005, 06:34 PM
-
By GoP-Demon in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 11:08 AM
-
By brettg in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-11-2003, 05:59 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server w/ 2* Intel Xeon E5-2667v3 CPU, NO RAM,NO HDDs
$74.80