-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: "dd" from an *.img file: I think I see the pr

Originally Posted by
sakiZ
Ok. Knoppix likes files system ext2
But in the process of "dd" ing from the hdb2.img file to the /dev/hdb2 partition, the partition becomes changed to ext3.
But how do I stop the "dd" process from converting the partition to ext3?
sakiZ
Never heard of that problem,
dd is suppose to make a bit-for-bit copy.
Something might has gotten corrupted.
Next time I would md5sum the files first. (acually I would reccomend you use partimage)
just tack this on the end of the command.
&& cat /dev/hdb2 | md5sum && cat ~/image.img | md5sum
Then compare the resulting string of numbers and letters, if they aren't the same, something went wrong.
Like I said before though, use partimage I learned alittle latter that its better.
Similar Threads
-
By jon1234444 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 08:14 AM
-
By ScottP in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 07:03 PM
-
By brentokc in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 06:44 PM
-
By punkass in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 05:20 PM
-
By andreas_w in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-01-2003, 12:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i5-12500T 2.00 GHz LGA 1700 Desktop CPU Processor SRL5W
$119.99

Intel i9-10850K 3.6GHz 10-Core Processor LGA1200 SRK51 / New Sealed
$234.99