-
Help!
I'm reletively new to linux and I've never installed a new OS...
I'm running Windows XP and I'm using Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 to burn my boot CD. I downloaded the file KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN.iso from the ftp.mirror.ac.uk mirror. I burned a bootable CD (yes, I did make sure it was bootable, I used the DataCD Project program to burn it and I went File>New>Bootable CD). The first time I burned it I selected HDD Emulator. I kept the Knoppix CD in the CD trey and rebooted and nothing happened. I did the same thing except I selected No Emulation and nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
EDIT: I read the FAQ but I have no idea how to check my BIOS to see if my computer supports booting from a CD and I still need to know weather it needs to be set to HDD Emulation or No Emulation...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Atari 800XL Home Computer. S-Video out Tested and Works
$150.00

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD
$49.97