Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Knoppix Networked Computer issues.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7

    Knoppix Networked Computer issues.

    Hey, 1st of all...
    I have not used the EN version of knoppix yet, its downloading now, because i downloaded the german version by accident
    So i need to redownload... but while i was in the german version i noticed that the internet didnt work...
    Ive got networked computers.. and i use the receiving computer..
    So not the computer that has the internet, but the computer that recieves it..
    Im using Windows XP, and it works fine with that, but in knoppix it didnt.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    network config

    Hi TechniK....If I am understanding you right, you say that your computer will not connect to internet while using the German version of KNOPPIX? Did you try to manually configure the network card? go to the Menu>Knoppix> and in there is an option to configure network card....computer is connected to a router and cable modem. When i log on to Knoppix, the network is auto detecetd....but if i have cable out of computer and plug it in after boot up, i will have to do a manual config. very easy...bob58

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    You need to run netcardconfig from a root shell. I usually choose the DHCP option and all is configured automagically!

    Good Luck!

    HTH,
    AJG

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7
    hmm okay, ill try, im just burning the cd now.. ill tell you how it goes
    Thanks, for the help.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7
    Hmm... well at least this time it was the English version =)
    I went to the configure network card thing.. and it said "No supported Network Card Found"

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    203
    what network card is it ??

    I have an unsupported one at work (broadcom gigabit) and I just keep the module on a USB key and load it when I use the work one then run netcardconfig...

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7
    How do i find out, ill check up on this again tommorow, i gotta go to bed now ( im 14 and its 11:00 PM )
    So yeah, cya..

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seremban, Malaysia
    Posts
    29
    Hi, sorry to hijack your thread but then I have a problem which is similar to yours.

    I just installed knoppix into my hdd yesterday(the first linux for me), but now everytime when I boot into the it, I'll need to configure the network card again before I can go online.

    Is there a way to let knoppix remember the configuration so that I won't have to manually configure it everytime I start up?

    PS: My network card is nforece2 onboard chip.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    Hey Yanlong
    What method did you use to install it?
    It seems that some people (myself included) are having problems like this with HD installed Knoppix. I think it has something to do with the way the various installation methods operate.

  10. #10
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seremban, Malaysia
    Posts
    29
    Did you mean how do I install knoppix?
    If so I install it using the command #sudo knoppix-installer
    then I choose the beginner mode and follow step by step.

    If you mean the network card,
    I use network card configuration found in knoppix/network/internet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trying to virus scan a networked Windows PC from Knoppix
    By Synthpopalooza in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 01:10 PM
  2. networked internet with install
    By adamherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 11:05 PM
  3. Networked disk cloning HOWTO?
    By MethodMan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 09:25 PM
  4. Folder sharing between 2 networked Knoppix boxes
    By JNeuhoff in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 03:32 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 02:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300 48-Port Managed L4 Ethernet Switch, 10GbE/GbE, Modular 1U picture

Juniper EX2300 48-Port Managed L4 Ethernet Switch, 10GbE/GbE, Modular 1U

$758.09



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB picture

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB

$54.99