-
Knoppix Networked Computer issues.
Hey, 1st of all...
I have not used the EN version of knoppix yet, its downloading now, because i downloaded the german version by accident
So i need to redownload... but while i was in the german version i noticed that the internet didnt work...
Ive got networked computers.. and i use the receiving computer..
So not the computer that has the internet, but the computer that recieves it..
Im using Windows XP, and it works fine with that, but in knoppix it didnt.
-
Senior Member
registered user
network config
Hi TechniK....If I am understanding you right, you say that your computer will not connect to internet while using the German version of KNOPPIX? Did you try to manually configure the network card? go to the Menu>Knoppix> and in there is an option to configure network card....computer is connected to a router and cable modem. When i log on to Knoppix, the network is auto detecetd....but if i have cable out of computer and plug it in after boot up, i will have to do a manual config. very easy...bob58
-
Senior Member
registered user
You need to run netcardconfig from a root shell. I usually choose the DHCP option and all is configured automagically!
Good Luck!
HTH,
AJG
-
hmm okay, ill try, im just burning the cd now.. ill tell you how it goes
Thanks, for the help.
-
Hmm... well at least this time it was the English version =)
I went to the configure network card thing.. and it said "No supported Network Card Found"
-
Senior Member
registered user
what network card is it ??
I have an unsupported one at work (broadcom gigabit) and I just keep the module on a USB key and load it when I use the work one then run netcardconfig...
-
How do i find out, ill check up on this again tommorow, i gotta go to bed now ( im 14 and its 11:00 PM )
So yeah, cya..
-
Junior Member
registered user
Hi, sorry to hijack your thread but then I have a problem which is similar to yours.
I just installed knoppix into my hdd yesterday(the first linux for me), but now everytime when I boot into the it, I'll need to configure the network card again before I can go online.
Is there a way to let knoppix remember the configuration so that I won't have to manually configure it everytime I start up?
PS: My network card is nforece2 onboard chip.
-
Hey Yanlong
What method did you use to install it?
It seems that some people (myself included) are having problems like this with HD installed Knoppix. I think it has something to do with the way the various installation methods operate.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Did you mean how do I install knoppix?
If so I install it using the command #sudo knoppix-installer
then I choose the beginner mode and follow step by step.
If you mean the network card,
I use network card configuration found in knoppix/network/internet
Similar Threads
-
By Synthpopalooza in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2005, 01:10 PM
-
By adamherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-10-2005, 11:05 PM
-
By MethodMan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 09:25 PM
-
By JNeuhoff in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 03:32 PM
-
By hernan in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 02:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC
$115.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00