Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Making the connection

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6

    Making the connection

    OK, I've got my USB WLAN adaptor working, but I can't seem to ping the router or use it to access our internet connection here. I've tried looking through FAQs that seemed appropriate, I've tried aproposing and looking at as many man pages as I thought were relevant, but I'm nowhere. The WLAN adapter can find the access point, but doesn't get any further.

    Can anyone point out where I should be looking for this? I'm not even sure what's stopping it - I'm a complete Linux newbie (although I can handle myself on a CLI). Any particular FAQs I might've missed, any HOWTOs, anything at all?

    By the way, I'm using a non-static IP for my internet connection, and as per usual the router is assigning intra-network IPs.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    Can you please post the output of these commands.

    ifconfig -a

    iwconfig

    netstat -rn

    ping (your router address)

    Thanks
    THO

Similar Threads

  1. Making a bootfloppy??
    By Werie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 10:35 PM
  2. Just making sure
    By Jessse5935 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-17-2004, 11:57 PM
  3. Making an ISO for CD and DVD
    By sbassi in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 09:09 PM
  4. making a new CD
    By Colonel Sanders in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-04-2003, 06:23 PM
  5. deb making
    By _r00t- in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 09:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$140.00



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD

$349.99