-
Boot up/memory problem (new to Linux)
Hello all,
I've just got a copy of Knoppix 3.4 but I'm having problems booting. While booting I recive a message saying "Couldn't Start KDEint. Check your installation!". Instantly after this message I recive another saying that I do not have enough memory.
I've had a look at the FAQs and found mention of the second error but the answer for this involved creating a swap file. This doesn't seem approiate as I have 512MB memory (32 is used by onboard graphics).
I have tried typing "knoppix mem=480M" but this has no effect.
Anyone able to help?
Cheers,
Benedict
Similar Threads
-
By svenaron in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-23-2005, 09:18 PM
-
By stevlev in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 10:44 PM
-
By hgpuke in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 10:42 PM
-
By rrolsbe in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:42 PM
-
By Dickey Peterson in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-09-2003, 06:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

2x Samsung 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 SODIMM RAM 260-Pin Laptop RAM
$132.16

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM88-NG-1 RAM IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab A11+
$119.49

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$49.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

USB C Type C to USB A Cable 5A Fast Charging Cable Data Cord For Huawei Samsung
$4.99

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00