Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: .sh files

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2

    .sh files

    I cannot open .sh files. Is there a program I can download to do this? I am running windows 98 Second Edition and there are not many types of files I can open. Any help would be great. I want to install Knoppix but can't get the files open or get it to boot. I had bought SUSE 9.1 pro but it also was a none working item. Also, how do I modify my bios? I can get into it and find what I want but can't seem to change anything.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    You have to boot your computer from the CD.

    To do that, you have to change the boot order in your BIOS. When you first turn on the computer, when the black screen comes up, usually there will be a note saying "Press del to enter setup" or it could be F2 or F8 .. When you are in there, you want to change your boot order so that CDROM is at the top of the list.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2
    I know how to get into my BIOS setup, the problem is it won't let me change my start up order.
    My question is, how do I do this? I can highlite the section I want to change then I try to use the modify but it does nothing. There are no passwords blocking anything so I am stumped here on what to do.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    I'm sorry, I don't know about your bios. Maybe you can ask who you got the comptuer from how to set the bios so it boots from CD?

Similar Threads

  1. *.cmg files won't run!?!
    By jsp in forum Klik
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 07:38 PM
  2. Need to put files somewhere
    By Baraboo in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 09:46 PM
  3. need help with swf files
    By kozo in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 11:38 PM
  4. rar files
    By wrangler in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2004, 05:14 AM
  5. files
    By jojo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 12:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS picture

Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS

$67.99



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested* picture

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*

$32.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad picture

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad

$355.99



Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586 picture

Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586

$149.99