Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: .sh files

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2

    .sh files

    I cannot open .sh files. Is there a program I can download to do this? I am running windows 98 Second Edition and there are not many types of files I can open. Any help would be great. I want to install Knoppix but can't get the files open or get it to boot. I had bought SUSE 9.1 pro but it also was a none working item. Also, how do I modify my bios? I can get into it and find what I want but can't seem to change anything.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    You have to boot your computer from the CD.

    To do that, you have to change the boot order in your BIOS. When you first turn on the computer, when the black screen comes up, usually there will be a note saying "Press del to enter setup" or it could be F2 or F8 .. When you are in there, you want to change your boot order so that CDROM is at the top of the list.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2
    I know how to get into my BIOS setup, the problem is it won't let me change my start up order.
    My question is, how do I do this? I can highlite the section I want to change then I try to use the modify but it does nothing. There are no passwords blocking anything so I am stumped here on what to do.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    I'm sorry, I don't know about your bios. Maybe you can ask who you got the comptuer from how to set the bios so it boots from CD?

Similar Threads

  1. *.cmg files won't run!?!
    By jsp in forum Klik
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 07:38 PM
  2. Need to put files somewhere
    By Baraboo in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 09:46 PM
  3. need help with swf files
    By kozo in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 11:38 PM
  4. rar files
    By wrangler in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2004, 05:14 AM
  5. files
    By jojo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 12:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



Brand New Genuine Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (Advanced Server) Version 3 picture

Brand New Genuine Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (Advanced Server) Version 3

$39.99



Hitachi 14TB SATA 6Gb/s, 3.5”, 7200 RPM, Linux Only Hard Drive. 100% HEALTH. picture

Hitachi 14TB SATA 6Gb/s, 3.5”, 7200 RPM, Linux Only Hard Drive. 100% HEALTH.

$197.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



LG PCS200S Pro:Centric Server Hospitality TV Management System 1U Rackmount picture

LG PCS200S Pro:Centric Server Hospitality TV Management System 1U Rackmount

$350.00