-
.sh files
I cannot open .sh files. Is there a program I can download to do this? I am running windows 98 Second Edition and there are not many types of files I can open. Any help would be great. I want to install Knoppix but can't get the files open or get it to boot. I had bought SUSE 9.1 pro but it also was a none working item. Also, how do I modify my bios? I can get into it and find what I want but can't seem to change anything.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You have to boot your computer from the CD.
To do that, you have to change the boot order in your BIOS. When you first turn on the computer, when the black screen comes up, usually there will be a note saying "Press del to enter setup" or it could be F2 or F8 .. When you are in there, you want to change your boot order so that CDROM is at the top of the list.
-
I know how to get into my BIOS setup, the problem is it won't let me change my start up order.
My question is, how do I do this? I can highlite the section I want to change then I try to use the modify but it does nothing. There are no passwords blocking anything so I am stumped here on what to do.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm sorry, I don't know about your bios. Maybe you can ask who you got the comptuer from how to set the bios so it boots from CD?
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 14
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 07:38 PM
-
By Baraboo in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 09:46 PM
-
By kozo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 11:38 PM
-
By wrangler in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-13-2004, 05:14 AM
-
By jojo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple
$60.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Vintage Apple USB Keyboard Purple Grape Translucent iMac 1999 M2452 Tested
$49.99

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

VINTAGE Apple Quantum ProDrive LT 700MB 3.5" OEM Hard Drive SCSI 50pin Mac
$89.99

256k VRAM Vintage Apple Macintosh 670-0269 works with 630-0044 80ns QTY: 2
$76.20

Vintage Apple iMac 2003 G4 15" 1GHz PowerPC G4 1GB 80GB HDD Mac OS X 10.4 M6498
$250.00

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00