I have Knoppix saved on a laptop running MS Windows 2000. I want to transfer this to a CD, but when I format a CD, 30MB or so is used in the formatting and there is not enough room to copy Knoppix.
Any ideas,
Dave
I have Knoppix saved on a laptop running MS Windows 2000. I want to transfer this to a CD, but when I format a CD, 30MB or so is used in the formatting and there is not enough room to copy Knoppix.
Any ideas,
Dave
Have you checked the Frequently Asked Questions in regards to burning the CD? http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqDownloading
If the FAQ does not help please let us know what OS you are running, the CDR burning program, and by what method (menu choice or wizard) you are using to burn the CD.
I hope this helps.
James
I have looked at the FAQ - but no solution.
It is a Dell laptop and I'm using the CD burner that came with it Roxio DirectCD version 5.3.5.10. and the Dell internal CD/CD writer
41MB is used up during the format process, I am using Verbatim CD-R disks and they are formated using CDUDF. Other than giving the CD a label I have no other options.
Dave
Are you trying to burn a CDR using a downloaded ISO? If so, don't format first, just do a raw burn!
If you have a running version of KNOPPIX on your laptop and you are trying to make your own CD or ISO, that's remastering and is a much more involved process than you describe....
Good Luck!
HTH,
AJG
You need to burn the .iso as an image.
I know roxio can do that.
Only cdrw need to be formatted/erase before you can burn,but cdrw capacity is limited to 600MB and it's not sufficient for knoppix.
If you use cdr(700MB), no formatting is needed. Just burn the iso without any adjustment on your software you use.
I've got plenty of 700mb cd-rwsOriginally Posted by shah
You only need to erase a cd-rw if there is something on it. You don't have to format a cd-rw if your just writing an iso file.

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99
apple oem 20w charger usb-c power adapter
$9.99
LOT OF 2 OEM APPLE MAGSAFE POWER ADAPTERS - MD A1172 AND MD A1222
$25.00
Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$20.59
Genuine OEM Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable for MacBook Pro Air
$8.99
Genuine OEM Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter A1344 ~ FREE S/H
$12.99
OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99
Genuine OEM Apple iPad 10W USB Power Adapter 30 Pin Charger
$12.99
Genuine Apple 30W USB-C Power Adapter Wall Charger Block MacBook Air iPad OEM
$14.39
Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99