-
Help!
I'm reletively new to linux and I've never installed a new OS...
I'm running Windows XP and I'm using Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 to burn my boot CD. I downloaded the file KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN.iso from the ftp.mirror.ac.uk mirror. I burned a bootable CD (yes, I did make sure it was bootable, I used the DataCD Project program to burn it and I went File>New>Bootable CD). The first time I burned it I selected HDD Emulator. I kept the Knoppix CD in the CD trey and rebooted and nothing happened. I did the same thing except I selected No Emulation and nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
EDIT: I read the FAQ but I have no idea how to check my BIOS to see if my computer supports booting from a CD and I still need to know weather it needs to be set to HDD Emulation or No Emulation...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

SK Hynix 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4-2400 ECC RDIMM Server RAM HMA84GR7AFR4N-UH Tested
$235.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00