-
Help!
I'm reletively new to linux and I've never installed a new OS...
I'm running Windows XP and I'm using Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 to burn my boot CD. I downloaded the file KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN.iso from the ftp.mirror.ac.uk mirror. I burned a bootable CD (yes, I did make sure it was bootable, I used the DataCD Project program to burn it and I went File>New>Bootable CD). The first time I burned it I selected HDD Emulator. I kept the Knoppix CD in the CD trey and rebooted and nothing happened. I did the same thing except I selected No Emulation and nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
EDIT: I read the FAQ but I have no idea how to check my BIOS to see if my computer supports booting from a CD and I still need to know weather it needs to be set to HDD Emulation or No Emulation...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A
$119.99

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00