Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: knoppix with firefox

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2

    knoppix with firefox

    Greetings:

    Has someone already remastered a knoppix with these:
    - Firefox
    - Bittorent
    - Kaza-lite for linux (if it exists)

    Although I didn't check.. but does knoppix has a PPPoE client that I can use to connect to bell sympatico in toronto area? I don't think it does.

    It already has open office. Meaning there should be a substitute to word/excel.

    I think it already has a built-in pdf reader.

    I would like to exclusively use it for a couple of weeks and see if I should completely move to linux.

    thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    140
    you can try this site.
    http://klik.berlios.de/
    it lets you install software while you are booted into knoppix. You have to use the browser that starts up with Knoppix. The software is loaded into you ram so when you shut down they are gone. azaurus I think is the bit torrent program, apollon is like kazza lite, and firefox is there too. If you get brave you can create a persistant home drive. The KLIK programs (and your settings) will save there on your hard drive. This way the next time you boot they will still be there. Do a seach here on the forums to find more information on how to set that up

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2
    thanks. let me check that out.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    31

    Re: knoppix with firefox

    Quote Originally Posted by bfman
    It already has open office. Meaning there should be a substitute to word/excel.

    thanks.
    I see a software for this and i included on mi remastered knoppix 3.4, it calls ABS.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611

    Re: knoppix with firefox

    Quote Originally Posted by bfman
    Greetings:

    Has someone already remastered a knoppix with these:
    - Firefox
    - Bittorent
    - Kaza-lite for linux (if it exists)

    Although I didn't check.. but does knoppix has a PPPoE client that I can use to connect to bell sympatico in toronto area? I don't think it does.

    It already has open office. Meaning there should be a substitute to word/excel.

    I think it already has a built-in pdf reader.

    I would like to exclusively use it for a couple of weeks and see if I should completely move to linux.

    thanks.


    I have custom Knoppix with-

    firefox
    bittorrent
    ml-donkey (multi-protocol P2P)


    For pppoe, it might also be that you need a modem dirver if the modem is USB.... There is pppoe software, not sure if its compatible with your ISP..


    Openoffice has replacments for word.excel, and is capable of using the M$ doc formats.

    Acroreader for pdf


    http://overclockix.octeams.com

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    90
    knoppix standard includes one bittorrent client, but is only text mode, no gui. The name is "btlaunchmany".

    You will need access to the hard disk with read permissions (right click in the desktop icons). Then launch a console, move to the selected disk (cd /mnt/hda1) and launch the bt client:

    btlaunchmay .

    The "." is to indicate to the program where the torrent files will be and where to download the files. finally get some torrents and save them in the selected hard disk. The client will begin to download any torrent file found in the selected directory.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    you sure btdownloadcurses doesn't work?

  8. #8
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghandalfar
    you sure btdownloadcurses doesn't work?
    being honest! I only tried btdownloadgui. Didn't work, ask for some obscure libraries. Then , tried btlaunchmany, and succesfull, so, I didn't try more. But, I'll give a chance to btdownloadcurses

Similar Threads

  1. Install Firefox in Knoppix
    By Mic Q in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 01:27 AM
  2. firefox+pdf=very bad
    By maxIT in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 05:53 PM
  3. New version of Knoppix have Firefox? _ YES IT DOES!
    By sunburnt in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 01:58 AM
  4. Knoppix and Firefox
    By impure_client in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 02:18 AM
  5. Tiny menu text in Firefox under Knoppix HD Install!
    By BaltikaTroika in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 02:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD picture

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD

$149.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW

$121.45



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$71.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB Wifi 8th/9th Geb 1151 Motherboard picture

Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB Wifi 8th/9th Geb 1151 Motherboard

$84.99



ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX picture

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX

$59.99