-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: knoppix with firefox

Originally Posted by
bfman
Greetings:
Has someone already remastered a knoppix with these:
- Firefox
- Bittorent
- Kaza-lite for linux (if it exists)
Although I didn't check.. but does knoppix has a PPPoE client that I can use to connect to bell sympatico in toronto area? I don't think it does.
It already has open office. Meaning there should be a substitute to word/excel.
I think it already has a built-in pdf reader.
I would like to exclusively use it for a couple of weeks and see if I should completely move to linux.
thanks.
I have custom Knoppix with-
firefox
bittorrent
ml-donkey (multi-protocol P2P)
For pppoe, it might also be that you need a modem dirver if the modem is USB.... There is pppoe software, not sure if its compatible with your ISP..
Openoffice has replacments for word.excel, and is capable of using the M$ doc formats.
Acroreader for pdf
http://overclockix.octeams.com
Similar Threads
-
By Mic Q in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-18-2011, 01:27 AM
-
By maxIT in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-03-2005, 05:53 PM
-
By sunburnt in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 01:58 AM
-
By impure_client in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 02:18 AM
-
By BaltikaTroika in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 02:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40

HPE Edgeline e920 Server Blade
$350.00

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99