Burnt another .ISO on bith distros but it still doesn't want to boot, I have tried everything that I can think of but to no avail. any ideas?
I havent been on here for a long time and I was last under another username but for your pleasure LinuxGeek is back and has another problem....
I have tried installling Gentoo and booting knoppix 3.4 up, but they don't work. I could boot Knoppix 3.3 but not this new one and gentoo. I have done some research and they both use the isolinux way of boooting. Does anyone have any ideas of whats wrong? System specs are as follows:
- 1Ghz Celeron (P3 era)
- 128MB
- 20GB hard drive
Doe anyone else have these problems? Thanks in advance
Burnt another .ISO on bith distros but it still doesn't want to boot, I have tried everything that I can think of but to no avail. any ideas?
some bios' do not like isolinux

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00
RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$215.25
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99