-
Senior Member
registered user
Modem Configuration Problems
Ok, I'm pretty new to Knoppix, and I'm trying to configure the modem so I can see how the system works before I install it. I had everything configured, and the account set up correctly, but it said the modem was busy. Why? How do I fix this?
-
Senior Member
registered user
If the modem is a winmodem and not a real modem, you'll most likly experience problem.
From the sounds of it, you have a winmodem.
Not to much can be done, if your lucky though, mabye someone wrote drivers for the one. Chances are though no drivers exist that will work.
-
Oh! I wait for the day when a driver will be available so that I can run it from my notebook. I heard the new Knoppix CD is out, is there any support for Winmodem ??
Similar Threads
-
By borgward in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-21-2005, 08:56 PM
-
By jborges in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-04-2004, 02:24 AM
-
By brianinmaine in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 11:19 AM
-
By webwiseguy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 08:54 PM
-
By spqr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-10-2003, 05:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

New Dell PowerEdge Server R360 Xeon E-2488 3.2G 16GB RAM 4X800GB SSD 6x600GB SAS
$3890.00

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99