Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Modem Configuration Problems

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274

    Modem Configuration Problems

    Ok, I'm pretty new to Knoppix, and I'm trying to configure the modem so I can see how the system works before I install it. I had everything configured, and the account set up correctly, but it said the modem was busy. Why? How do I fix this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    If the modem is a winmodem and not a real modem, you'll most likly experience problem.
    From the sounds of it, you have a winmodem.

    Not to much can be done, if your lucky though, mabye someone wrote drivers for the one. Chances are though no drivers exist that will work.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sharjah
    Posts
    1
    Oh! I wait for the day when a driver will be available so that I can run it from my notebook. I heard the new Knoppix CD is out, is there any support for Winmodem ??

Similar Threads

  1. Modem Configuration
    By borgward in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 08:56 PM
  2. Keyboard configuration problems
    By jborges in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 02:24 AM
  3. Simple configuration problems?
    By brianinmaine in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-10-2004, 11:19 AM
  4. modem configuration
    By webwiseguy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2003, 08:54 PM
  5. modem-configuration
    By spqr in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2003, 05:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage THE HOME MANAGER Atari 400,800/XL/XE on Disk NEW IN SEALED BOX picture

Vintage THE HOME MANAGER Atari 400,800/XL/XE on Disk NEW IN SEALED BOX

$850.00



RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ* picture

RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ*

$299.99



Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E picture

Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E

$139.99



Vintage Intel iPDS-100  Personal Development System picture

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System

$1499.99



Tandy 1000 TX Personal Computer Vintage PC very clean untested no accessories  picture

Tandy 1000 TX Personal Computer Vintage PC very clean untested no accessories

$199.00



Vintage Oregon Scientific Batman Power Wing Laptop Educational Learning Device picture

Vintage Oregon Scientific Batman Power Wing Laptop Educational Learning Device

$39.99



Vintage Exponent 11 Drawer Modular Media Storage Cabinet 3.5 5.25 Floppy PC Disk picture

Vintage Exponent 11 Drawer Modular Media Storage Cabinet 3.5 5.25 Floppy PC Disk

$250.00



Vintage FrameForge 3D Studio*NEW* Storyboarding Previz Film NOS 2005 Windows Mac picture

Vintage FrameForge 3D Studio*NEW* Storyboarding Previz Film NOS 2005 Windows Mac

$63.50



Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used picture

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used

$39.99



Lot of 2 UNTESTED Vintage Laptops 90's 2000's IBM Thinkpad X32 Samsung SENS 800 picture

Lot of 2 UNTESTED Vintage Laptops 90's 2000's IBM Thinkpad X32 Samsung SENS 800

$89.99