Did you format your swap?
mkswap /dev/hda2
swapon /dev/hda2
I boot from the Live-CD , May 17 version.
The system only has one HD, a 15 GB that will be entirely Knoppix.
At boot promptt: knoppix noswap lang=eng
After booting, I do ALT-CTRL-1 to get a root console, then
knoppix-installer
I get the message "Installation requirements not met" and am led into the partition program. I delete all existing partitions, create a new 14 GB Linux (bootable) and a 1 GB Linux swap. Write, then Quit..
I still see the message "Installation requirements not met" and says it needs 2 GB Linux, etc.
I've tried several times using, making both partitions physical, or with the swap partition logical. Same error. What's wrong?
If I use the IGNORE_CHECK option when do I enter it?
(I previously had Knoppix 3.3 with a HD_Install, did an overly aggressive apt-get and screwed things up. Decided to start over with 3.4. )
Did you format your swap?
mkswap /dev/hda2
swapon /dev/hda2
I've met with that problem also. But solve it using #sudo knoppix-installer.
Try installing without using noswap.Originally Posted by anandfan
Thanks all for the advice. I reinstalled 3.3 (no problems) and then installed 3.4 over 3.3 using sudo knoppix-installer. Looks like everything is OK, except when I boot I now have 3 choices (Linux, Linux-2.4, Linux-2.6 ).
When it rains, it pours!

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98