-
lilo not writing to /mnt/hda
I'm trying to install Knoppix to a partition on my second HD. But, I can't get lilo to write to the mbr of my 1st hd. I suppose that it is writing to the mbr of the 2nd hd instead. But, I'm just speculating about that.
So, I tried creating a boot floppy from within Windows. Yet this does not work. I tried editing the lilo.conf file where knoppix is installed from knoppix running from CD. But, I have write permission problems and cannot make changes.
Any suggestions?
Darren
Similar Threads
-
By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
-
By irvine in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 03:27 AM
-
By bikerman in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 12:22 AM
-
By shadinio in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 09:09 PM
-
By Coma0 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2003, 02:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00