Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Setting Up ADSL Router

  1. #1

    Setting Up ADSL Router

    Hi. Sorry if this in the wrong forum, but I didnt know where to put it.

    I would like to know how to use my adsl router with linux:

    http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.sto...ct/View/XH1149

    My ISP uses PPPoA only, and the router settings ( for XP ) are :
    Dns Suffix: none
    Router I.P. 192.168.1.3
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.2
    Dns Server: 202.27.184.3
    Alternate Dns Server: 202.27.184.5

    Using these settings, and the driver from the hardware manufacturer, (using dhcpcd) how can I setup my router?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    Are you connecting to the router via USB or ethernet?

    Are you running Knoppix off the CD or have you installed to hard disk?

    If you are using ethernet, to be honest, I'd be kind of surprised if it didn't all just start working by itself, thanks mostly to the miracle of DHCP.

    What happened when you tried?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    It's probably somewhere in the menus as well, but try "sudo pppoeconf" from a command prompt.

  4. #4

    Re: Setting Up ADSL Router

    I load Knoppix from a boot cd, so I use expert mode to load my routers driver. I believe it is connected by usb, and when I run the driver, I think it detects this....using DHCPCD makes the lights flash, yet when I try to access the internet from Mozilla or the other program ( forgot the name ) it dosen't work. I can't configure it from the PPPOE one, for two reasons, 1 being it dosent find something when I try, and two is that my ISP only supports PPPOA. My router is configured perfectly for windows, but for some reason it dosent work on linux. If somebody could give me a few instructions to set it up, that would be great.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    What is the output of the following commands?

    ifconfig

    netstat -rn

  6. #6

    Re: Setting up ADSL Router

    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

    C:\Documents and Settings\stevie>netstat -rn

    Route Table
    ================================================== ========================
    Interface List
    0x1 ........................... MS TCP Loopback interface
    0x10003 ...00 d0 41 12 11 29 ...... XH1149 DSE ADSL Router LAN

    Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
    ===============================================

    Active Routes:
    Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric
    0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.3 30
    127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 1
    192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.3 192.168.1.3 30
    192.168.1.3 255.255.255.255 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 30
    192.168.1.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.3 192.168.1.3 30
    224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 192.168.1.3 192.168.1.3 30
    255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.3 192.168.1.3 1
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.2
    ================================================== =========================
    Persistent Routes:
    None

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    I meant the output when running Knoppix.

  8. #8

    Sorry

    Oh Sorry, I'll do that in an hour. Im doing a download at the moment. But that information should help anyway.

Similar Threads

  1. Speedtoch 510 lan ADSL- Router problems
    By thunderchief in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 07:20 PM
  2. Help Setting Up ADSL/PCI Card
    By psychophil in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 09:07 AM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 09:12 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 04:31 AM
  5. Router
    By pnti in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 05:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS  PromBlaster picture

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster

$895.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage Radio Shack TRS-80 5.25

Vintage Radio Shack TRS-80 5.25" Floppy Disk Lot of 9 Single Sided Used

$49.99



Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA picture

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA

$139.99



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$225.61



HP 5060-8359 8K solid state semiconducter memory HP 2100/1000 Vintage 1974 picture

HP 5060-8359 8K solid state semiconducter memory HP 2100/1000 Vintage 1974

$135.36



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72