Hmm, all I can think of are your ISP or router blocking the site. Do you have some kind of parental control on in the router? Not a probable cause but stranger things have happened.
Hi fellow forumites...I seem to have a strange problem that I can't figure out. I stopped being able to reach knoppix.net (forum or even main page) from my home connection. I've never had problems in the past. I've tried connecting on a knoppix-hdinstall, a debian install, and even under Windows. None of them can find this site. I get the little box popping up telling me that it can't be found. From work it all works fine...obviously or I wouldn't be able to be here at all. I miss reading the forum at home though...so if anybody has any ideas please let me know.
I'm stumped myself...the fact that it won't work on any of my OS's is the weird part. And fyi, every other site works fine. It's literally only this site that has decided not to work for me.Can anybody think of a reason such a thing might happen? Thanks.
Hmm, all I can think of are your ISP or router blocking the site. Do you have some kind of parental control on in the router? Not a probable cause but stranger things have happened.
I'd say that it's a strange enough situation that probable causes can probably be ruled out right away.![]()
The ISP idea is possible...but I use Earthlink...they're a pretty popular provider, so I'd think that others would have this problem too if they were blocking. I think you may be right about the router...it's pretty much gotta be something with it...I just have to figure out what could've possibly changed and why it's only blocking this one site. Thanks for the ideas Markus.
One more thing could be a new 'feature' in the proxy server. If you use the same with all OS's and browsers, try with direct connection.
PS: Does your boss know you're here during working hours?![]()
I think it's gotta be something with the firewall, because I'm on from home now using JAP. It should be an easy fix...I just need to ask if anybody's changed anything on the firewall I suppose.
And we all have to take breaks Markus...you know what they say...all work and no play... :P
if your ip address is 69.**.*.13 i've banned it for crawling the site ( sometime these bots, download every page and make the server slow, not to mention download heaps of useless pages like changelogs from the wiki.. )
If not, then I have no idea.
Did you try
orCode:ping www.knoppix.net
?Code:ping 66.220.1.171
No, my ip starts with 66. It's still a mystery...everyone insists that nothing has changed on the router. It's not a big deal really...I don't mind using JAP to get here...it just bugs me that I can't figure it out.Originally Posted by eadz
Thanks for the idea though eadz.
Here's what pinging gives me:
Code:$ ping 66.220.1.171 PING 66.220.1.171 (66.220.1.171) 56(84) bytes of data. --- 66.220.1.171 ping statistics --- 226 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 225033ms
I'd say MS has bugged your PC.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server 2x Xeon Silver 4110 16-Core 64GB 16-Bay iDRAC
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge T430 Tower Server 2x Xeon E5-2690 v4 28-Core 64GB H730P iDRAC8
$649.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99