Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 44 of 44

Thread: I need help networking my 2 computers

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Oh rats! I should've catched on to the IP. Well, I think your problem is getting solved now so you can start fishing

  2. #42
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    it's working

    Well thats what the problem was. When I did ifconfig i copied down the wrong IP number!
    I knew something was wrong somewhere. But its working perfectly now. I can run ssh on both computers and share files betweeen them. Whew......now with that problem solved I can return to my other 2 issues. Getting optical mouse to work and Lcd monitor to work....thaks all for the help. bob58

  3. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Posts
    5
    Please, I am just a begginer in linux, and I am having problems to configurate my IP to can use the conecction of the university, can someone give me a sugestion?

  4. #44
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    Troubleshooting Fish:
    Since this has been made into a sticky & it hasn't been mentioned yet, the most common problem with using Konqueror's fish protocol is when it refuses to connect to the remote computer. This is usually because the key signature from the remote does not match the signature in home/<username>/.ssh/known_hosts.
    The fix is simple....just delete /home<username>/.ssh/known_hosts & attempt to reconnect. After confirmation, a new known_hosts file will be generated.

    el_santo: I am not sure what you are asking. If you are attempting to connect into the university's network, I think you will have to contact their system administrator to first, get permission and second, find out what the required ip's & logons are.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 11:24 PM
  2. New to computers and new to Linux
    By smileeb in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-15-2005, 05:48 AM
  3. Two computers, one ip, one port.
    By hernan in forum Networking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 02:42 AM
  4. Networking 2 computers with crossover cable
    By rail_man in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 01:05 PM
  5. Computers have Architecture??
    By net_benjo in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 08:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A picture

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A

$89.95



Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B picture

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B

$299.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q

$185.00



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$85.00