-
Senior Member
registered user
whew!!!!
Hi again Marcus! Wow this is HARD!!! lets see....OK I am not sure what I am doing.....I did the following from the desktop:
root@Home:/home/Bob# ssh -l Bob Home
The authenticity of host 'home (127.0.0.1)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 37:3a:a0:11:d6:f5:25:21:3e:5b:8e:7c:7c:95:30:11.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'home' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
Password:
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
Welcome to Knoppix (Kernel 2.4.26)
Bob@Home:~$
Not sure what this means.....Am I logged in to the desktop computer via ssh to myself???? I dont know what to do here! It seems there was some kind of error but i seem to be logged in to myself...it did ask for password this time. OK so i dont want to do this as root....OK...so I am now at "Bob@Home".......sorry to sound so confused.....well one step at a time....what are your thoughts at this point? bob58
Similar Threads
-
By redss in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-17-2005, 11:24 PM
-
By smileeb in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-15-2005, 05:48 AM
-
By hernan in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 02:42 AM
-
By rail_man in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-29-2004, 01:05 PM
-
By net_benjo in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 08:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo 230 With Power Supply Floppy Drive Parts
$100.00

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 80MB SCSI 2.5" Hard Drive IBM WDS-280 PowerBook 1992
$65.00

Vintage Apple Power Macintosh 6100/66 M1596 - WORKING
$149.95

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

Vtg Apple Macintosh SE SuperDrive (FDHD) Computer Boots to Desktop Sold AS IS
$140.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Classic II Computer M4159 FULLY Recapped + BlueSCSI
$300.00

Apple Power Macintosh 6100/60AV M1596 Vintage
$129.99

Apple iBook G4 A1054 1.07GHz PowerPC G4 256MB RAM Mac OS X 10.4.11
$69.96