No solution here I'm affraid, but I thought I'd mention that I'm having the same problem. Just loaded the board up to ask that very same question in fact.
Note that my sound actually works fine, but I can't install any other package with apt-get because this gets in the way:Code:root@balmora:/home/smaclure/tmp# apt-get -f install Reading Package Lists... Done Building Dependency Tree... Done Correcting dependencies... Done The following extra packages will be installed: alsa-utils The following NEW packages will be installed: alsa-utils 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 531 not upgraded. 3 not fully installed or removed. Need to get 136kB of archives. After unpacking 406kB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y Get:1 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main alsa-utils 1.0.5-3 [136kB] Fetched 136kB in 1s (105kB/s) (Reading database ... 106312 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking alsa-utils (from .../alsa-utils_1.0.5-3_i386.deb) ... dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/alsa-utils_1.0.5-3_i386.deb (--unpack): trying to overwrite `/usr/bin/alsamixer', which is also in package knx-alsa dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe) Errors were encountered while processing: /var/cache/apt/archives/alsa-utils_1.0.5-3_i386.deb E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) root@balmora:/home/smaclure/tmp#
Any advice greatly appreciated! I need to install me a server browser for quake3Code:root@balmora:/home/smaclure/tmp# apt-get install qstat Reading Package Lists... Done Building Dependency Tree... Done You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these: The following packages have unmet dependencies: alsa-base: Depends: alsa-utils (>= 1.0.2-2) but it is not going to be installed E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution). root@balmora:/home/smaclure/tmp#otherwise, all is wonderful on debian/knx
dt
No solution here I'm affraid, but I thought I'd mention that I'm having the same problem. Just loaded the board up to ask that very same question in fact.
This is one of those little knoppix-specific annoyances. In the future remove knx-alsa before you install new alsa packages. But you should be able to fix this error by typing:
Code:dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/alsa-utils_1.0.5-3_i386.deb
Could someone please tell me more about this "knoppix-specific annoyance"?
I just made a full HD install of Knoppix (meaning, "Debian install") and im trying to install some packages with apt-get, but keep getting same kind of errors like doublethink explained.
How can I get past this problem and use apt-get?
The only knoppix-specific part is the fact that knx-alsa caused the problem. There are a few knoppix packages that can make upgrading more of a pain. The only ones I can think of right now are knx-alsa and openoffice-de-en. But you can get the same error messages in a pure debian system...especially when you're doing a dist-upgrade and such. Forcing it to overwrite will fix it generally though.

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
50x RAM Box Tray DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 ESD DIMM Memory Shipping Storage Transport
$9.99
128gb DDR4 Ram Hpyerx HX430C15PB3K8/128 16x8 3000 MHZ CL15 Tested Read DESC
$300.00
Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR4-3600 128GB 4x32GB RAM PC Memory KF432C18BBAK4/128
$1895.00
16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99
Team Group Team Elite DDR3-1600 DIMM 16GB (2x8GB) 240-Pin Desktop RAM
$35.00